I had a tough dr’s appt this morning. Basically, Noah isn’t dropping at all… in fact, he’s really high up for a full-term baby. Dr Parker doesn’t think Noah will go anywhere without inducing, and he wants me to be prepared for a possible c-section – not 100%, but very possible. He also told me that I can’t induce next week, on or near my due date, because all the spots are filled.
So – long story short – our options were to 1) induce tomorrow, 2) get on a waiting list for next week, or 3) schedule an induction for Dec 1, which is a week past my due date. After a long day of discussing options of if/when to induce, etc, Jason & I have decided to let my body take its course and see what happens. Dr Parker doesn’t want me to go over a week past my due date, so we’ve scheduled an induction for Monday, Dec 1st, but are hoping Noah will come before then (preferably between now & next Tues, since doc will be gone for Thanksgiving next Wed – Sun).
It has been a long and emotional day for me. God continues to teach me to trust Him! This is not at all how I envisioned this process going, so it’s been hard. But I am very peaceful about the decision. At least if we have to induce on Dec 1, we’ll know that we tried everything we could to let him come naturally.
Please pray for continued peace for us, and that my body will kick it into gear sometime between now & next Tuesday!
Thanks for your prayers… Casey